RETURN TO PLAY Friday, June 12, 2020
CCSD is allowing Fall sports to return to on-site conditioning and weight training for High School athletes as of June 15th.
Wheeler Volleyball will begin on-site conditioning and weight training for High School athletes on June 16th per the schedule below.
Tuesdays & Thursdays in June (starting Tuesday, June 16th):
9:45am – check-in at the Fieldhouse
10:00am – Training begins in the Arena
10:45am – Depart Arena, walk to Weight Room
11:00am – Weight Training
11:45am – clean
12:00pm – Depart Weight Room, pick up from upper parking lot
Please note this schedule may change as we work through things and manage the overlap with other groups.
Any and all changes will be communicated ASAP.
Reminder: DEAD WEEK is Sunday, June 28th through Saturday, July 4th – NO organized activities can be scheduled during this time. Please continue your conditioning on your own and enjoy the week!
- ALL ATHLETES MUST have a valid, approved physical on file PRIOR to participating in any on-site sessions.
- Physicals from school year 2019-2020 will be valid until July 27th per GHSA. All athletes from last year must update their documents by this date.
- Physicals for school year 2020-2021 must be dated April 1st or later.
The CCSD Physical form can be found on our website.
You should have received directions on how to upload documents into ParentVUE via email.
Please reach out directly with any questions about physicals.
RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES:
- Attending on-site training is optional. You are welcome to join us when you are comfortable.
- Vulnerable individuals should not participate in workouts during Phase 1.
- On-Site Training will be limited to conditioning and weight training. We will be using the Arena, the Weight Room, and may be outdoors at times to train.
- ALL participants, players and coaches, will be screened daily being allowed to join the group for training. Temperature will be taken, and the symptomatic questions will be asked in addition to:
- Do you or have you had a fever in the last week?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you travelled to a “hot spot” for COVID-19?
**IMPORTANT – Your ride CANNOT leave until you have been cleared for training following the pre-screening process.
- Groups will be no larger than 25 including coaches.
- Groups cannot change once formed. Individuals must sign up and be named to the group to be allowed to train with the group. Players do not have to attend every training session but are encouraged to do so for consistency. Individuals may leave training early for a job, etc., but may NOT arrive late. Once our arrival screening window is closed, we are done, and the trainers will move on to another group.
- Social distancing will be practiced at all times.
- No locker rooms or shower facilities will be used.
- No water fountains will be used for drinking or refilling of bottles. All athletes should bring with them their own personal water bottle. It is recommended for each athlete to bring with them at least one (1) gallon of water. Sports drinks and any necessary snacks are also recommended in addition to the one gallon of water.
- Towels are NOT allowed. Please wear a shirt that can absorb sweat.
- Weight equipment will be cleaned prior to each workout and will be sanitized between use by each athlete.
- Side spots will be used in the weight room.
- Face masks are recommended for use in the weight room.
- Hand sanitizer will be plentiful and readily available.
- No visitors will be allowed during any training sessions. Only those listed within each group will be allowed to attend.
- If an athlete presents with symptoms or has had a recent direct exposure, the athlete will be removed from activity and will not be allowed to return until they have served a 14-day quarantine and are symptom free.
- If at any time an athlete/coach/staff tests positive for COVID-19, all other members of that workout group will be notified and will not be allowed to return until they have served a 14-day quarantine and are symptom free.
- Self-monitoring is to be practiced by ALL coaches and athletes. Honesty is of utmost importance.
Message from CCSD Athletics:
Please understand the information we receive will evolve as we implement this plan which may force us to alter what we have in place. We ask for your patience as we process the new guidelines and potentially adjust our plans.
The safety of our students, coaches, and community are of utmost importance and we believe delaying our return until June 15, 2020 allows us to develop a clear, consistent and concise plan district wide.